It’s December! Yay yay! There’s something about December that makes me very happy, it’s probably the festive mood I see all around, but I love December! And I also love December because that means I have finished NaNoWriMo so I can get back to concentrating on my blog and go back to reading my friends’ blog that I haven’t read in a long long time!
The last week of NaNoWriMo was hectic for me as I had another 14000 words to get in to reach the 50K target and I also had to prepare for an exam that I had to take yesterday! Anyway, I managed to get my word count in by the 27th of November, so yay for that! I was so zonked out after it that I just had to take a break from writing for a whole week. In short, I am trying to give you an excuse for not showing up last week. I apologize for missing out on Week 48 challenge, it was getting too much and I just needed a break!
Now that I am back from the break, let us find out the Top 5 limericks for this week. If you have not already done so, click here to read the submissions from Week 47.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* The Grateful Dead with the limerick below.
A Daily Affair
She had crossed her heart every time,
Denying knowledge of all his crimes
That happened behind doors
Between her daily chores
As he left her on the floor covered in his slime.
Congratulations, The Grateful Dead – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 49 Challenge.
The prompt for week 49 is Satire. Write a limerick that mocks, ridicules or pokes fun at something. It can be anything so long as the theme of your limerick is satire.
I am excited about this week’s challenge to find out how you tackle this one!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 47 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Saturday, December 10, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and to also link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here’s my take on the prompt:
There once was a man named Mick,
Who wanted to write a limerick,
He chose to write satire,
Said his Butler, “No, please do not, Sire!”
“Let’s leave the job to someone who’s not a prick!”