Proofreading – who it’s for
If your book has already been through previous rounds of copyediting, then this service is for you. This is a quality-control check before you publish.
A proofread is the final clean-up that looks out for any problems that have slipped through previous rounds of editing and formatting. It’s the last line of defense before you publish.
If your book has not been through previous rounds of professional editing, this service probably isn’t for you.
Price: US$0.30 per page (30 Cents Per Page)
What you get
1. A Full Word-by-word Check
I’ll proofread your book line by line and fix any remaining red flags that could distract your reader. The focus will be on the following:
- Consistent hyphenation and capitalization
- Dialogue punctuation
- Highlighting of stacked hyphens
- Pagination and chapter sequencing
- Paragraph and section breaks
- Removal of extraneous letter and line spaces
- Standard and consistent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Standard paragraph indentation
- Widows, orphans, and short lines
2. A Full Report
In response to the check, you will receive a full report in which I’ll record decisions about hyphenation, numbering, capitalization, spelling, punctuation style, and idiom usage.