Welcome to Week 1 – the very FIRST Limerick Challenge for the year 2016. I hope everyone had an awesome time celebrating New Year’s Eve. I know I had a lot of fun counting down to the New Year.
The theme for the last limerick of 2015 was ‘no theme’ meaning it was a free flowing limerick week. In spite of the holidays we had some brilliant entries for the free flowing limerick. I must say that I had a very difficult time picking a winner especially with the variety of themes used. So without further ado, here are the winners for the final challenge of 2015.
And the winner is…….. Peter of Meritings with three wonderful limericks! He called it BOGOF – Buy One Get One Free – the third limerick was a bonus! Check out his full post here! Thank you for the tribute, Peter! 🙂
The limerick challenge’s a great thing to do
We love it dear Rashmi, it’s all thanks to you
It’s perfectly clear
that during the year
the entries got better and just grew and grew
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 1 Challenge.
Since this is a New Year which brings new and fresh beginnings for a lot of us and everyone is happy, the prompt for week 1 limerick challenge is….yes, you guessed that right… “Happy”. You can opt to use the word “happy” or some of its closer synonyms like Merry, Jolly, Cheerful, etc. in your limerick…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengepost so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 1 Challenge are due in by Thursday, January 7, 2015.
- The winner of Week 12 challenge may contact me on email@example.com to claim the prize.
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Once a couple made a deal
To tell each other how they feel
“What makes you happy,” asked she
“You do,” said he
And with that a kiss he did steal!