Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far; I have been super busy working on too many things at the same time. I have exciting news to share with all you, but not now, hopefully sometime soon! I apologize for the delay in posting this week’s limerick challenge, thanks to a severe thunderstorm with strong winds (and a tornado warning) we had internet outage all of this Friday and half the day on Saturday!
Anyway, without further ado, let’s look at the Top 5 limericks from Week.
If you have not already, click here, to view all the limerick submissions for Week 24.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Modern Woman by Image & Word
Once upon a time not long ago
A Princess told her Prince where to go
Tired of fairy-tale stuff
She said ‘I’ve had enough
Of this macho-man bullshit you know!’
Congratulations to Image & Word– the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 25 Challenge.
The prompt for this week’s challenge is ‘Humor’ this means that your limerick should be humorous. Write the limerick in any way you did like so long as it tells a humorous/funny story.
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 25 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Saturday, June 25, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
This time, I am really keen
Over a week, to keep this house clean
When from one side I start
The other side falls apart
OK, for this, I need more caffeine!