I have been reading and re-reading all the limerick submissions for Week 7 all of today. I love how each one of you perceive and relate so deeply to the prompt while presenting your limericks, and reading these limericks really inspires me!
There are so many incredible entries that I am finding it really hard to choose the top 5. Having said that, I would like to reiterate that when I say top 5, I am in no way rating the limericks submitted, I am merely picking the top 5 that I connected most to.
Coming back to the top 5 limericks, after spending a lot of time trying to pick the top 5, here are my selections for this week!
The Week 7 Limerick Superstar is ……… Deeksha from Jot the thought with the limerick below!
Dream big, soar higher,
You are the flame, you are the fire,
If you believe,
There isn’t anything that you can’t achieve
Break free, shed fear and aspire..!
Deeksha’s Limerick Superstar Badge!
I am sure you have already read all the limericks, if you haven’t then do check them all out! There are absolutely amazing submissions!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 8 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Lost’. You can opt to use the word ‘Lost’ or some of its closer synonyms like Missing, Adrift, Misplaced etc.…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 8 Challenge are due in latest by Friday, February 26, 2016.
- Donation to local charity is made in the name of the Winners who will receive the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge. They can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Oh, there are days when I feel adrift
The times when my mind needs a lift
To rid me of the blue
All I need to do
A glance at my son – my one and only true gift!