Our lives are made up of all those moments that take up the space called memories deep in our hearts. I believe that every little moment in our lives becomes either a beautiful memory that we like to reminisce about once in a while or at times even painful memories that we do not like to think about as much.
When I asked a friend to tell me the first word that came to his mind, he said “Memories” and that conversation is what prompted me to use that word as the prompt for this week’s limerick challenge.
But before you are all excited and get your pen and paper or laptop out to write your limericks, let us meet the Top 5 Limerick Superstars from Week 15.
And the Week 15 Limerick Superstar is……… Vandana of My Feelings, My Freedom with the amazing limerick below:
Another failure saddened her, tore her apart,
But she was the owner of a brave heart,
She knew it was dark,
There was no spark,
Yet she held her head high to make a restart!
Congratulations to Vandana – the Limerick Superstar for this week!
Hope you all enjoyed reading the wonderful limericks as much as I did!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 16 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Memories’. You can opt to use the word ‘Memories’ or some of its closer synonyms like reminisce, recollect, etc.…well, you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 16 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, April 22, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post. (This step is important).
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.