Mother’s Day is just around the corner and most of us either have plans to celebrate Mother’s Day or at the very least wish our Mothers on this special day. Thus, the limerick challenge this week is dedicated to all the Mother’s out there!
But, before we all get busy writing about our Mothers, let us first say hello to our limerick superstars from Week 18.
And the Week 18 Limerick Superstar is frankhubeny with this brilliant limerick:
Each breath comes in quest of some grail
With faith that the quest will not fail.
With passion unfurled
The warm, waiting world
Will beat with each breath we inhale.
Congratulations to Frank – the Limerick Superstar for this week!
A very big thank you to all the participants who take time out for this challenge! Hope you all enjoy reading the limericks as much as I do. If you haven’t already done so, please read all the limericks submitted last week, they are all wonderfully written!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 19 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Mother’. This week a slight change in rule, the prompt word or it’s synonym does not have to be part of your limerick. It can be anything so long as it has some connection to the prompt word!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 19 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, May 13, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
At 5, “Mother, You are the Best!”
At 16, “Mother, why can’t you be like the rest?”
At 30, “Mother, I understand how it feels”
At 45, “Mother, You are a woman of steel!”
At 60, “Mother, I am glad you weren’t like the rest!”