I am really enjoying the idea of mixing up the prompts for this challenge; it has led me to some delightful results. Last week’s prompt ‘color’ saw a few first time participants attempting the limerick challenge. Like I always say, for limericks more the merrier! 😀
Alright then, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from the Week 22 limerick challenge, shall we?
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Frank of Poetry, Short Prose and Walking!
I had this image of a twilight in my mind after reading his limerick and I am sure you will too. Check out his colorful limerick, below!
In the morning the sun turns up bright
Through the noon opened eyes feel delight.
As the colors caress
To enchant and to bless
They will merge with the star-calming night.
Congratulations to Frank – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
This one was particularly tough for me to choose, I kept going back and forth trying to make a choice, finally decided to go with Dr. Aliman of Draliman on life and Lola of Through Lola’s Prism for the second place.
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 23 Challenge.
The prompt for this week’s challenge is the picture shown below aka ‘Wedding’. This means that your limerick should say a story related to weddings, use the photo prompt in any way you did like. Your limerick can be emotional, funny, sarcastic, spooky anything you like so long as it follows the theme.
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 23 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, June 10, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
The bride walked the aisle in White
The groom stood looking contrite.
There’s no need to worry
Please know I am sorry
‘Coz I am about to take flight!