As busy as I am with NaNoWrimo, I wouldn’t want to give up doing my favorite weekly feature, the Limerick Poetry Challenge! It is high time that I announce the winner for the Limerick Challenge from Week 4, so without any further furor I will jump right into it. I thank all the participants and hope you all had as much fun writing them as I did reading ‘em!
It was a tight contest between the top 2 participants and I had a very very difficult time trying to pick a winner, but a challenge must have a winner (yes, I always say that!) In that spirit, here we go!
And the winner is…….. Nicola with the below Limerick. Check out her full post here!
The cruel, frigid wind whips and blows
Amidst the ominous caw of the crows.
She stands dark and tall,
In her cobwebby shawl,
As gorged spiders fall from her nose.
The winner may contact me on [email protected] to claim the complimentary gift certificate.
The second place is shared by NJ of Ametalk with her seriously spooky limerick was a strong contender for the No. 1 spot and Indira’s Blog with her scary limerick!
The third place goes to Dr. Meg Sorick for her funny spooky limerick and Peter from Pollymermaid for his mysterious limerick.
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 5 Challenge. Wow, Week 5 already!
This morning as I walked out of my house to go to work, there was this beautiful breeze blowing and I just wanted to stand there and enjoy it, but of course not possible, ‘coz I had to hit the road before traffic got worse. Anyway, that made me choose the word “Breeze” as the prompt for this week’s challenge! You can either use the word “Breeze” or some of its synonyms like Wind, Air, Gust etc…you get the drift!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge post so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 5 Challenge are due in by Thursday, November 12, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Thursday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on [email protected] to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Morning dawned with a beautiful breeze,
May I stay and enjoy it, please?
But you should be heading to work,
‘Coz you still need the perk
To buy more of those pies and peas!