It is but again that time of the week when I announce the winner for the Limerick Poetry Challenge Week 5! As always, we got to read some really amazing limericks and picking a winner was no easy feat! Since, I am already beat with the effort of trying to choose a winning entry, I am going to go straight to it without any further delay!
And the winner for this week is…….. Dr. Meg Sorick with the below Limerick that made me laugh! Check out her full post here!
The windmills turned as the sun sank low
Two lovers entwined on a blanket below
The once gentle breeze
That stripped the trees
Had now stolen their clothes!
The winner may contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the complimentary gift certificate.
The second place is shared by Nicola who constantly finds herself in the Top 5 with her amazing limericks and Deeksha from Jot the Thought with her very first limerick!
The third place goes to Peter from Meritings with his very ‘English’ limerick and Kat Myrman of Like Mercury colliding with her very breezy limerick.
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 6 Challenge.
I have the habit of reading and re-reading some of my favorite books over and over again. As such I have been reading Pride and Prejudice yet again because I am so much in love with Mr. Darcy and Ms. Bennett! Well, to cut the long story short, I am choosing the word “Pride” as the Prompt for Week 6! You can either use the word “Pride” or some of its synonyms like Dignity, Honor, Pleasure, etc…you get the idea! I hope you enjoy this challenge!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge post so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 6 Challenge are due in by Thursday, November 19, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Thursday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on email@example.com to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
He waltzed into the ball
On this beautiful evening in Fall
With an air of Pride
She matched his stride
Decked up looking like a doll!