I am happy to have you all back in the limerick challenge, we had a good number of participants this week, yay for that!
If you have not already done so, click here, to view all the limerick submissions for Week 28. Now, let’s get on to take a look at the Top 5 limericks from last week’s challenge.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Frank of Poetry, Short Prose and Walking with this amazing limerick.
Some humor shines best when it’s sunny.
Others want rain thick and runny.
We’re soaked when the skies
Shed big tears through God’s eyes
From His laughter. He thought we were funny.
Congratulations to Frank – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 29 Challenge.
The prompt for this week’s challenge is ‘Time Travel’ this means that your limerick should be based on ‘Time Travel’. Write the limerick in any way you did like so long as the theme or base of your limerick is all about time-space continuum. Challenging? Nah…not for all you limerick pundits!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 29 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, July 22, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
We saw a brilliant flash of light
One that was too bright
Aboard the spaceship
With nothing on our reach to grip
Time travel – it was one hell of a flight!