Limerick Challenge Week 28: Rain
It feels good to be back after a break from the limerick challenge. Although a break is a good thing, I will be honest; I did miss not being able to post the challenge for week 27! So here I am back with the Limerick Poetry challenge for Week 28.
We hit an all-time low with the number of submissions for Week 26, but that’s alright I know many of us bloggers are taking a break to enjoy the summer ! So without further ado, here are the Top 5 limericks from Week 26.
If you have not already done so, click here, to view all the limerick submissions for Week 26.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Kay from The Diary of a Married Woman.
The day had begun quite brightly
Sun shone through window just rightly
And then something caught my eye
Bare-as-can-be, streaking by
Full moon from neighbor unsightly
Congratulations to Kay – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
The next two limericks on my list are Sri Sudha of Naa Prapancham, My World and Alistair of A Certain Point of View.
Followed by Sandra of What Sandra Thinks and Ila of Thoughts Uncovered.
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 28 Challenge.
The prompt for this week’s challenge is ‘Rain’ this means that your limerick should include the word ‘Rain’ in either Line 1, 2 or 5. Write the limerick in any way you did like so long as the prompt word is included in any of the above-mentioned lines. Challenging? Nah…not for you limerick pundits!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 28 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, July 15, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Driving my way into Maine
Pitter patter – it’s starting to rain
Crack! I hear the noise
Watching my windscreen in poise
Hail! Why are you such a pain?
Thank you so much!
Like English Summers, my limerick never really got going. I got as far as “A bit of a bummer, we aint had a Summer” and then stalled.
Congratulations to the top 5 this week, and to everyone who took part.
We British know a bit about rain so I may be more productive this week!
Well…you English do get a lot of rain so I’m sure you will have a limerick this time! 🙂
what sandra thinks
Thanks so much! And… rain is expected all weekend… so sad that I’ll finally be around a pool. Maybe it will inspire a limerick. 🙂
Rain when you are in the pool…sounds like a fun thing! 😀
what sandra thinks
Until the lightning comes! 😀
Ohh no! That’s no fun! 😀
Feelings and Freedom
Congratulations to all the winners!
I have to admit that I have been away from the limericks and the blogging world for a long time due to summer vacations of my kids. But now I am back ! I’ll turn in my entry this time soon enough 🙂
What a naughty neighbour 😉
I liked both the limericks in this post although Kay’s one was deeply shocking. There should have had a warning about all that nudity beforehand. 🙂
diary of a traveller
Hey, great work, have a look on my travel blog and do like,comment if it is nice .thanks
Sri Sudha K
As still fiddling with my wp app; sometimes I feel I Giving up…But, I amnt that kind; after multiple attempts, I coukd finally post my Limerick for this week. I’m sorry that I can’t link it up…my take is here
No worries , I will link it up for you.
Sri Sudha K
Thanks dear… So sweet of you…
Sri Sudha K
Sorry Rashmi, earlier link was a wrong one. Here’s the right link
No problems! 🙂