Limerick Challenge Week 30: Antonyms
So, did you guys enjoy traveling in time? I know I did, time travel is amazing, is it not? Not just the idea of time travel, but the limericks about time travel were amazing too! All of them, brilliant limericks for the prompt. If you have not already done so, click here, to view all the limerick submissions for Week 29.
Now, let’s get on to take a look at the Top 5 limericks from last week’s challenge.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Draliman On Life with this amazing limerick.
Trav’lling in time can be great
Though dangerous, ‘specially of late
If you travel too long
It can all go quite wrong
Then much worse than death is your fate!
Congratulations to Draliman – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Sue Ranscht of Space, Time and Raspberries and Magarisa of Becoming Unstuck topped my list with their amazing limericks.
Followed by Kirstwrites and Peter of Meritings with their wonderful limericks.
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 30 Challenge.
The prompt this week is ‘Antonyms’ this means that your limerick must contain antonyms in the same line. Write the limerick in any way you did like so long as you have antonyms in any one of the 5 lines of your limerick. Challenging? Nah…not for all you limerick pundits!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 30 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, July 29, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
They talk about peace and go to war
Ensuing in nothing but gore
We’ll learn a way
For humanity to uproar
Reblogged this on kirstwrites and commented:
Some fantastic time travelling limericks here! Honoured to tie for third place with Peter – who’d have thought we’d end up doing this when I used to nag you about data entry procedures a few years ago!
Now, time to look up exactly what ‘antonym’ means so I don’t make a fool of myself, and start plotting next week’s limerick!
Thank you for the reblog and for participating Kirst! I’m looking forward to some really amazing limericks for this week’s prompt! 🙂
Kirsty – Data entry procedures – now that was another time!
Thank you Rashmi, not just for a placing this week but for hosting this fun challenge every week.
For anyone who wants to move their Limerick into reality I know where there is a Time Machine going cheap:
The challenge is fun because of the wonderful limerick submissions! So thank you guys for participating and making it so much fun!
Kind of scary message. I’ll stop time travel from now on.
Yea will be a good idea to stop and also maybe you could pass the time machine on to me!
Don’t have a Limerick on antonyms. Not having much time to write now a days. But the hot breakfast and your prompt, prompted me to write these few lines using antonyms. Hope you enjoy.
I laugh and I cry
So tasty but distastefuly spiced these fries
Heavenly smooth but hellishly hot
Enjoying now but remembering the past
Memories of pleasant evenings turning to horrendous morning farts
Hahaha! That last line….!! 😂
You never fail to impress! I love your little antonyms poem!
You laughter(and the prompt) spiced my breakfast😀😀
I’m glad! 😁
Love your take on it.
Thank you, Nico! 🙂
Great limerick, an interesting and quite challenging theme for this week 🙂
And thank you for choosing my limerick for the superstar badge!
Sri Sudha K
Congratulations to all the winners
Hi Rashmi! You all Limerick pandits really write beautiful Limericks. Enjoyed all.
Thank you, Masi! Your limericks are lovely, I really enjoy reading them. 🙂
Thanks for such an encouraging comment.:)
You are most welcome!
Sri Sudha K
Hi Rashmi, here is my second one
I linked it up too