It must be the effect of the photo prompt, I got to walk in the rain and jump in puddles on my way to work last week. It was a lot of fun getting my shoes soaked in the rainwater until my wet cold feet had me shivering into my bones!
Well, lesson learnt – remember to never get soaked when you have to sit all day in an air conditioned environment!
But, thanks to the photo prompt I got to read some really good limericks. If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 38 challenge.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Kay of Diary of a Married Woman for thinking outside the box!
Heart pounding, she slipped on nearest shoes,
Thinking, how did I miss all the clues?
Why would he betray us?
Am I superfluous?
Feet fleeing, soul battered and bruised.
Congratulations, Kay – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 39 Challenge.
The prompt for this week is ‘Seasons’. Write a limerick that includes all four seasons, write it in any way you like so long as your limerick tells a story spanning seasons. It is not necessary to include the names of four seasons in your limerick so long as your limerick tells a story across the 4 seasons!
I am excited about this week’s challenge and can’t wait to read your limericks for this prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 39 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, September 30, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
The cool breeze of November
Saw them waiting for a new member
Across seasons they waited
At times, getting agitated
Until, came he, along with the showers of midsummer!