Limerick Challenge Week 40: Fears
Yay yay it is October already! In case you are wondering why that makes me happy, it’s because October happens to be my birthday month. I get excited like a little child when my birthday is around the corner! October also means Fall is in full swing and I just love watching the leaves change color. My family and I are planning a drive to the Blue Ridge mountains in VA to see the fall colors!
Talking about fall, I must say that I am in awe after reading the amazing limericks for the ‘Seasons’ prompt. It was so tough for me to pick the top 5 this week, really, I had a very difficult time picking my top 5 with such marvelous submissions!
If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 39 challenge.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Kay of Diary of a Married Woman!
Freeze from sapphire heavens creates white earth,
Melting to steady rain, sparking rebirth.
Soon, sun burns a fierce smolder,
Long days turn to nights colder,
As colors fall, fading, crackling last mirth.
Congratulations, Kay – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Alistair of A Certain Point of View shared a beautiful love story spanning seasons with his limerick and Magarisa of Becoming Unstuck took us on a trip around the world through her limerick.
While, Pranabaxom of Fleeting Muse spoke beautifully of seasonal heartbreak, Diane of LadiesWhoLunchReviews told her heartwarming love story that spans seasons.
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 40 Challenge.
The prompt for this week is ‘Fears’. Identify one thing that you fear, a phobia you hold and write a limerick based on that fear or about the ways that phobia secretly thrills you.
I am excited about this week’s challenge and can’t wait to read your limericks for this prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 40 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, October 7, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Panic stricken, walls closing in
The one thing she fears
Enclosed within closed quarters
Her resolve against phobia weakening
Keep this child like excitement forever dear. This month is blessed indeed. Your B’day, my hubby’s B’day, Durga puja, dussera, navratri all bring grace to this month. Wonderful limerick.Other ones I am going to read.
Thank you so much Masi! I love it that my birthday is around the Dussera and Diwali time….it means a whole lot of celebrations.
Happy birthday to your husband in advance! Have a great October! 🙂
You too dear. Have a hilarious birthday. Love and hugs.
Happy birthday month! (I wasn’t sure about the exact day, so I thought I’d play it safe.) 🙂
Aww, thank you, Bun! (The exact day is 22nd) 😀
Happy birthday two weeks on Saturday! 🙂
Haha….Saturday it is…thank you again 🙂 🙂
There were a lot of good ones last week, I was wondering as I read them how you’d choose your featured ones!
My birthday is October too 🙂
Oh yea, this one was a tough choice…they were all so good!
Yay….happy birthday to you in advance 🙂
It’s my birthday month too… wonderful limericks this week, as ever! 🙂
Awesome! That makes it 3 of us with birthdays in October!
Happy birthday to you in advance 🙂
And to you! <3
Happy birthday, Rashmi. 🙂
Thank you, Ranu 🙂
Happy birthday, dear Rashmi, and thank you. I was in wonderful company this week…
Thank you so much, Diane! It’s still 20 days away but I have already started celebrating! 😀 😀
Your limerick was beautiful, it brought a smile to my face so of course it had to be mentioned 🙂
Happy Birthday month! It’s mine, too. Cheers, Rashmi!💜
Love the limerick….I fear enclosed spaces where I might feel trapped, too….
Thanks for hosting!
Cheers, Kay…Happy birthday month to you too! 💜
Claustrophobia is my biggest of phobias too!
Excellent entries as usual, and a deserving winner. Happy birthday for later in the month Rashmi!
Thank you, Nicola 🙂
I’m feeling left out. It’s not my birthday in October.😢. Happy birthday to all. We’ll done to the worthy winners too.
Aww.. we still love you Peter, even though you’re not October born 😉
Sri Sudha K
Hi Rashmi, couldn’t add link in time…here’s my take
No problem, Sudha 🙂