I shall begin this post by apologizing for the delay in posting, but I must say that I could not post because I was busy having fun yesterday, after all, it was my birthday and I decided to take a break from blogging and writing to spend time with my son and family.
Needless to say, I had a wonderful time! Check out the very special cake my sister designed for me, according to her the three pictures in the cake summarizes my life! 😀
Coming back to the limericks, I must say that I love love loved the very different takes I got to read from last week’s challenge. Very cleverly done!
If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 42 challenge.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Jay of Running in my Head!
An Old-Fashioned Diet
Said Leo to Luther: “I’ve a Diet;
I insist: you really must try it!”
When to Worms Luther went,
his patience was spent,
for it wasn’t that kind of a diet.
Congratulations, Jay – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 43 Challenge.
The prompt for this week is ‘Celebrations’. This week pick a celebration or a festival of your choice and write a limerick about it.
I am excited about this week’s challenge and look forward to reading your limericks for this prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 43 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Saturday, October 29, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
The birthday cake was blue
It had candles too
All 24 of them bright
But my son cried out “That’s not right!”
“There must be more candles anew!”