Limerick Challenge Week 5: Pain
I will start this post by apologizing for the delay in posting this week’s limerick challenge. The last week has been a crazy roller coaster ride for me and kept me on my toes throughout! But I am back now and I better get back to business without any further delay!
It was very interesting to read the limerick submissions on the prompt ‘Mist’, each one of you brought your own unique feel to the limericks, some associated mist to love, others to sorrow, darkness, pain, rain etc. I couldn’t help but marvel at the variety of the limericks I got to read.
After reading all the limericks again and again, here are the winners for the 2016 Week 4 Challenge!
And the winner is…….. Al the Author with his Mental Mist Limerick. Check out the full post here!
In the midst of the mind’s mental mist
Are some things that can’t be dismissed
Just clear your mind
And you will find
The one for which you have wished
With that limerick, Al the Author wins the Week 4 Limerick Superstar Badge!
The second place is shared by Ranu of Sabethville with her limerick that reminded me of Titanic and Dr. Meg Sorick with her limerick that reminded me of Sleeping Beauty! 🙂
The third place is shared by Sri Sudha of My World with her beautiful limerick and Survivor Road with this hilarious limerick!
Do check them all out! There are absolutely amazing submissions!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 5 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Pain’. You can opt to use the word ‘Pain’ or some of its closer synonyms like Agony, Hurt, Sorrow etc.…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 5 Challenge are due in by Friday, February 5, 2016.
- Donation to local charity is made in the name of the Winners who will receive the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge. They can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Once upon a time in the land of Swindon
A King was heard crying “Fine, it shall be done!”
In pain, he came to realize
That what was no surprise
When the Queen is happy, there’s peace in the kingdom!
Thank you! 🙂
Beautiful winner limerick 🙂 great job buddy 🙂 now its weekend you can lay back and enjoy 🙂
Thank you NJ! Glad you are enjoying it!
Looking forward to your limerick on this week’s prompt! 🙂
Sure I will be up with mine soon 😉
what sandra thinks
I skipped last week… but here’s mine for ‘pain.’
Al The Author
Aw, thank you so much – this is the first time I’ve ever won anything for writing! I shall wear my badge with pride!
Looking forward to reading everyone’s limericks on “pain” too 🙂
Sri Sudha K
AS you published the prompt for this week,
You brought a blush on my cheek,
Hey limerick host,
With each post,
You make our lives matter and our minds speak…
Thanks Rashmi, for letting me board the winning boat…
Welcome aboard, dear limerick star
Your limericks definitely cross the bar
With each limerick
You sure pick
Words and phrases, significance that takes me far!
I’m glad you are enjoying the limerick challenge! 🙂
Sri Sudha K
with your inspiration,
I added a section,
In my blog,
A new log,
To keep posting limericks, my new found destination
Sri Sudha K
Congratulations from my side
I’m soo glad you are enjoying this challenge. Your limericks are definitely worth the badge! 😀
Al The Author
Enjoy your Sunday! 🙂
Your limerick is lovely.
Thank you Maasi! Looking forward to reading your limerick on this prompt! 🙂
:). I take too much time. But this is so much fun. Did you read my limerick on Mist.
Yours on Mist? No, I think I may have missed it! I will look it up now.
I posted it very late.
Are we REALLY moving into February already??
Yep, today is the last day of January! 😀
Good limerick there, by the way!
Hi Rashmi this time I’m fast, good or bad don’t know – https://amaltaas.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/limerick-challenge-week-5-pain
Beautiful limerick! What a lovely dedication to your mother! 🙂
Thanks Rashmi. I was too much attached to my mother, she was my best friend.
Maasi, I put a comment on your blog for this limerick, I guess it has gone to your spam folder. WP has been marking my comments on others’ blog as spam for some reason!
I have read it dear.
Thanks for checking for me, Maasi 🙂
I replied then found two comments in spam.:(
Will have to contact Askimet again!
Here’s my entry Rashmi;
Limerick Challenge – Pain – Sometimes Stellar Storyteller
Loved your limerick..! Truly speaks up for girl power :p
Here’s my entry..!
Hi Rashmi! Here’s mine. 🙂 https://mariawenttotown15.wordpress.com/2016/02/02/fake-smiles/
Thanks, Rashmi! 😀
Sri Sudha K
Hi rashmi, my limerick this week speaks about the sweetest of pains…here it follows: http://wp.me/p6NQA3-4D
Al The Author
Hi Rashmi, here’s my contribution for this week 🙂
Love the positivity you gave the prompt!
Here is my limerick Rashmi. Thanks again for hosting! 🙂
Absolutely amazing limerick, Kat!
Thank you! 😊
Here’s my Week #5 Limerick : http://wp.me/p5VOch-ds
I love this contest. Its fun. 🙂
Sri Sudha K
Hi Rashmi, here is my second post for this week’s prompt… https://srisudhak.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/desert-tunes/
Here’s mine for this week:https://pollymermaid.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/limerick-challenge-week-5-pain/
Made it back to take part this week with a serious theme for my two limericks at The Wishing Well https://bedressed.wordpress.com/2016/02/04/pain-poetry-and-the-global-cancer-campaign/ looking forward to visiting everyone else’s limericks a bit later 🙂
I hope I’m not too late to be participating 🙁
My entry on pain..
Please do let me know your feedback
Not at all! You are on time. 🙂
Thank you! Happy to know that! 🙂
Hey I know have crossed the date of submission 😛 and you are already out with new one for week 6 but still I wrote somehing 🙂 I would like you to have a look at it 🙂 Thanx in advance 🙂
Marje @ Kyrosmagica
Well done to Al, this is great. 🙂