Limerick Challenge Week 4: Mist
Last week I said that we had the highest number of participants/entries for the Limerick Poetry Challenge, this week we had almost double that! Wow…with so many new participants and so many wonderful limericks to read, I was in Limerick Wonderland all of this week. Never did I even think for a minute at the beginning of this challenge that it would become so much fun. Now, I can’t imagine my week without limericks to read! 🙂
The best part is that the limerick challenge also has a cause to it. We donate (in the name of the winner) to the local Food Pantry that helps provide nutritious nourishment to those in need! That makes it all the more exciting. The winner also gets to display the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge on their blog! 😀
The prompt for week 3 was Magic, which meant lots of magical limericks for me to read. There were so many magically wonderful limericks that selecting the Top 5 almost became an impossible task. After reading these limericks for the hundredth time, maybe, here are the winners for the 2016 Week 3 Challenge!
And the Limerick Superstar is…….. Natalia of Weaving Gold with an ‘Old Magic’ limerick that stole my breath away. Check out her full post here!
Arms raised, old one uttered timeworn incantation.
Winged, hoofed, and long-toothed fell into formation.
Ensued vast confusion.
Twas not an illusion.
Words spoken avert tribulation.
The second place is shared by Piyusha of Wandering Soul for her brilliant rendition of the reality of magic and Maria of Maria Went To Town for her ‘love’–able limerick!
The third place is shared by Al the Author for his bewitching blue eyed limerick and Mescalime for a fun magical limerick.
Natalia’s Limerick Superstar badge!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 4 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Mist’. You can opt to use the word ‘Mist’ or some of its closer synonyms like fog, haze, drizzle etc.…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 4 Challenge are due in by Friday, January 29, 2015.
- Donation to local charity is made in the name of the Winners who will receive a ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge. They can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Along pine trees, a long winding road
Beckons me out into the cold
Wintry mix; a feeling of mist
Rustling along in a drift
T’was a glorious sight to behold!
Thank you!!! I had such fun writing on this magical theme, and reading the limericks.
Your Welcome! I had fun reading all these wonderful limericks, and I absolutely loved yours! 🙂
Reblogged this on Weaving Gold and commented:
Thank you, Rashmi!
have no idea why this caught my attention – but here it is
Oh Rashmi, you just made my day! Thanks a lot for the bronze medal in Magic Limerick challenge. I’m honored to receive it😊.
This week’s challenge is pretty interesting, as well. Very poetic take on the promp. Beautiful!
I really like along the pine trees.
Beautiful Limerick, Rashmi.
Thank you! 🙂
Sri Sudha K
This time I made my efforts to add an angle of fun…please do read my limerick for this week at : http://wp.me/p6NQA3-3P
Love your Limerick..!! I could imagine the scene..! Here’s my Limerick..!
My take on this challenge-
Hello! I just happened to find this ‘Limerick Challenge” It seems fun! I’m trying my hand too! Here is my take on it
Tricky theme, Rashmi :).Very vivid limerick you created there. Here’s mine:
Here’s mine: https://kirstwrites.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/weekly-limerick-challenge-4-mist/ thank you Rashmi for running this challenge, it keeps my brain ticking along every week!! xx
Dr Meg Sorick
I loved last week’s winner! Here’s my entry for this week: http://drmegsorick.com/2016/01/25/mist-a-limerick/
Al The Author
A silly one here from me… couldn’t resist it! : https://altheauthor.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/limerick-tryst/
Will attempt a more serious one tomorrow 🙂
I love this one, very clever actually 🙂
So, I get all cocky about remembering to enter the Limerick challenge and then completely forget to leave the link in your comments!! Such an idiot!
Here it is –
Aha….much before deadline this week and that too with an awesome limerick! 🙂
I want to play! 🙂 Ill get back to you with an entry! Too much fun! <3
Sure, join in! Looking forward to your limerick! 🙂
Sri Sudha K
hi rashmi, I just updated my take this week.please check the link at:http://wp.me/p6NQA3-3P
Al The Author
This is my second attempt (not silly this time)… hope you like this one too 🙂
Hello Rashmi, I’m posting my limerick week four,”Mist.” Thank you for this prompt.
Sri Sudha K
this week as we celebrate our republic day,here is my another take on this week,s prompt rashmi.please check the link:https://wordpress.com/post/srisudhak.wordpress.com/251
Here’s my Limerick for the Week #4 Challenge. http://wp.me/p5VOch-cX
Dashing in towards the end with my attempt this week:https://pollymermaid.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/limerick-challenge-week-4-mist/
Sri Sudha K
HI rashmi, before you call a close on this week’s prompt here is another Limerick from my side…please check the link http://wp.me/p6NQA3-4x
Wow! Second prize! Thank you. off to read the others and the entries for Mist. 🙂
Here is my this week’s entry :
Hope I am not late 😛
A day late, but had a go for the love of limericks! Have a great weekend Rashmi! 🙂
You are in time, Kat. I was late myself to post the next week one and was just getting ready to do the next post for limericks 🙂
It was a very busy work week for me. Just now getting caught up on writing and reading. 🙂