Last week I said that we had the highest number of participants/entries for the Limerick Poetry Challenge, this week we had almost double that! Wow…with so many new participants and so many wonderful limericks to read, I was in Limerick Wonderland all of this week. Never did I even think for a minute at the beginning of this challenge that it would become so much fun. Now, I can’t imagine my week without limericks to read! 🙂
The best part is that the limerick challenge also has a cause to it. We donate (in the name of the winner) to the local Food Pantry that helps provide nutritious nourishment to those in need! That makes it all the more exciting. The winner also gets to display the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge on their blog! 😀
The prompt for week 3 was Magic, which meant lots of magical limericks for me to read. There were so many magically wonderful limericks that selecting the Top 5 almost became an impossible task. After reading these limericks for the hundredth time, maybe, here are the winners for the 2016 Week 3 Challenge!
Arms raised, old one uttered timeworn incantation.
Winged, hoofed, and long-toothed fell into formation.
Ensued vast confusion.
Twas not an illusion.
Words spoken avert tribulation.
Natalia’s Limerick Superstar badge!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 4 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Mist’. You can opt to use the word ‘Mist’ or some of its closer synonyms like fog, haze, drizzle etc.…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 4 Challenge are due in by Friday, January 29, 2015.
- Donation to local charity is made in the name of the Winners who will receive a ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge. They can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Along pine trees, a long winding road
Beckons me out into the cold
Wintry mix; a feeling of mist
Rustling along in a drift
T’was a glorious sight to behold!