Limerick Challenge Week 4: Spooky
What time is it? That’s right, it is time to announce the winner for the Limerick Poetry Challenge from Week 3! I am loving the response to this challenge and have so much fun reading all the entries, I thank all the participants and hope you all had fun writing them as much as I did reading ‘em!
The submissions for the week 3 challenge were all simply brilliant and some of them really intense and meaningful! As is the case every week, I had a very very difficult time trying to pick a winner! And as I always say, a challenge must have a winner! In that spirit, here we go!
And the winner of Limerick Week 3 Challenge is…….. Daniel J. with the below limerick. Check out her full post here!
A young woman thought it’d be keen
To make a baby ‘neath Northern Lights’ sheen
And man! You will not believe
What a joy she did conceive
The child’s eyes glow purple and green!
The winner may contact me on email@example.com to claim the complimentary gift certificate.
The second place is shared by Sometimes Stellar Storyteller Nicola and Sooty: Me, Myself & CFS.
The third place goes to Kirstwrites and Colette’s One 4 Fun.
So there you go, our Top 5 limerick from Week 3, do check them out! Now that the winners have been announced, it is time for the Week 4 Challenge. Since this is the Halloween special week, the Prompt for this week is “Spooky”. You can either use the word spooky or some of its synonyms like eerie, weird, sinister…you get the drift!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge post so that others interested can check out your limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 4 Challenge are due in by Thursday, November 5, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Thursday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
On her broom flies Wanda, the Witch
Over and over she goes up on the bridge
They said she was just too spooky
Oh, but she was a beauty
Only she looked just like the midge!
Congrats for the second place dear. This one is spooky. Nice one. How you come up with it so fast? Tough one for me.
I’m sure you will come up with something really good for spooky 🙂
Hey congrats to all the selected ones and the winner 🙂 I loved them all 🙂 I will come up with my soon 🙂
Thank you NJ! Looking forward to your submission.
My this week’s entry is here
This is the best spooky limerick! I love it! Thank you so much for participating and giving us the opportunity to read such wonderful limericks!
That’s a huge compliment dear 🙂 and thanks to you for giving me this opportunity to try my hand in Limericks 🙂
Sooty: Me, Myself & CFS
Yah. Thanks Rashmi. Can’t wait to try my hand on this weeks!
Looking forward to it!
Thank you! Loved reading everyone’s limericks. Look forward to trying the next challenge!
I am glad you are enjoying this…looking forward to your next limerick! 🙂
Second place!! Woohoo! I’m going to fight for that top spot this week, I’ve been a bridesmaid three times now 🙂 Limerick to follow shortly, I will make it dazzling.
oohhh yea….it’s your time to be the bride after being the maid of honor in the last one! 😉
Dr Meg Sorick
Here’s mine for the week! This one’s not such a downer! http://drmegsorick.com/2015/10/30/a-gross-limerick-only-pet-owners-will-understand/
This one is just too good! 🙂
Dr Meg Sorick
I think this conforms better to the intended purpose of a limerick! The winner was great this week!
Yea, this one does! it was a tough call….but the winner’s limerick was really good! 🙂
Sorry i havent got anything to give this week i have had such a lot of pain and fighting this cold for days i am exausted.X
Oh I’m sorry to hear that! Hope you get well soon!
I am on automatic this week i will be back soon on full power i hope.
Sooty: Me, Myself & CFS
Ok here is my weeks effort! Fingers crossed xx.
Great entries one and all. I got so tied up in trying to get mine right that I missed the week completely. I’ll be less pedantic this week!
I look forward to your submission this week 🙂
I have sent my limerick for week 4. A bit behind this week with not being too grand.
This is a funny one! I really like it:)
Yes it made me smile just writing it.lol
Here is my entry for this week’s challenge:
This one is my favorite so far….brilliant!
YES! fist pump
Hahaha…..love your enthusiasm!
Hi Rashmi! Here is my spooky entry- https://amaltaas.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/limerick-challenge-week-4-spooky.
This one was seriously spooky! I think your best one so far! Love it 🙂
You are very sweet. Thanks for your constant encouragement.
Kids back at school today so I have time to write! Here’s mine: https://kirstwrites.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/weekly-limerick-challenge-4-spooky/
This one was seriously spooky! Thank you so much for participating! 🙂
Here’s mine for this week:https://pollymermaid.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/limerick-challenge-spooky-2/
That’s a really good one! Thank you for participating! 🙂