I have been waiting for spring break for a while now and it is finally here! As some of you may already know, I am on a break! Yay for me! 😀
Given that I have been away the whole week with very little or almost no internet access, I have not been able to go through all the limerick submissions to choose the Top 5. However, I plan to do that as soon as I am back in town next week.
So for this week, I will not be announcing the Top 5 limerick superstars in this post, it will be done in the post for Week 15 challenge, i.e. the Top 5 for Week 13 and 14 will be announced together in the Week 15 challenge.
The purpose of this post is only to indicate the prompt word for the Week 14 Challenge.
And that prompt word is ‘Mysterious’. You can opt to use the word ‘Mysterious’ or some of its closer synonyms like, Secret, Hidden, Conceal etc.…well, you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 14 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, April 8, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post. (This step is important).
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
He looked deeper into those eyes unkind
For love, he was sure to find
Frozen in pain, he saw
Odium that he could not thaw
A mysterious girl, to her destiny she confined