We have reached 10 weeks of the Limerick Poetry Challenge! Wow, this is awesome; I never thought the challenge would carry on and that there would be such a response to it. I am truly amazed and honored and take this opportunity to thank each one of the participants for making this challenge a success!
Before I go on to announce the winner for this week, I have a small announcement to make with regards to the prize. I had been giving away Amazon Gift Cards as the prize to the winners; unfortunately people outside of US are unable to use it. Thus I have decided to hold off on the prizes until I find a better form of give away for this challenge that can be used by people of all locations.
OK, now that part is covered, it is now time to announce the winner of the Week 9 Limerick Challenge!
This season, I have sworn
No longer will I cry and mourn
Gone’s the girl you push and shove
From the ashes of our love
Rise I will; a phoenix reborn
The second place is shared by Kat Myrman of Like Mercury Colliding and Nicola of Sometimes Stellar Storyteller with their very different but intense limericks.
The third place goes to Kirstwrites and Christian Dequita with their very festive limericks.
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 10 Challenge.
For those of in the DC region, winter seems to be coming late; it’s cold at times but pleasant at all other times and no snow yet! So in lieu of that, I have chosen the word ‘winter’ for the prompt this week. You can opt to use the word “winter” or some of its closer synonyms like Cold, Snow etc in your limerick…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengepost so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 10 Challenge are due in by Thursday, December 17, 2015.
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
It’s that wonderful time of the year
With holidays, gifts and lots of cheer
Oh, but I’m missing the glow
Of all the beautiful snow
Feeling fluffy yet so clear!