Alight, it is time we added some herbs and spices to up the flavors of our Limerick challenge, don’t you think? In lieu of that thought, I have made some variations to the challenge rules and the prompts that are given each week. So make sure you read about the new rules of the challenge.
Before we get all excited about the changes happening to the weekly limerick challenge, let us first say hello to our Top 5 limerick superstars from Week 19.
And the Week 19 Limerick Superstar Diane of Ladieswholunchreviews with this brilliant limerick:
Highs and lows of our crazy childhood
Years went by before we understood
The fault wasn’t us and it wasn’t really you
Anxiety, mood swings, muddling your way through
Mama, we know you did the best that you could…
Congratulations to Diane – the Limerick Superstar for this week!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, let us get to business for Week 20 Challenge.
Starting this week, there are going to variations to the weekly prompts. What I mean to say is, it is no longer mandatory to use the prompt word or its synonyms in your limericks. We had a trial run of this variation last week and I think it worked very well!
Henceforth, the prompts for each week will vary, that is, it may be a word, a theme, a photo, a line to start your limerick with etc etc, you will know more as we go. Participants are also welcome to make suggestions for the weekly prompts. If what you have suggested is something unique, it will be taken up as the prompt for one of the weekly challenge and credit for the prompt will be given, of course!
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Friday the 13th’. This means that your limerick must be based on Superstition or a Superstitious belief or something Supernatural. It can be scary, spooky, funny, sarcastic, satire anything you like so long as it follows the theme.
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 20 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, May 20, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
As I was running out the door
A black cat crossed me on the floor
Gasped my neighbor “this means doom!”
In a tone that spoke of gloom
Told her she was a superstitious bore!