Limerick Challenge Week 38: Photo Prompt
Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope you are all having a good weekend. It looks like Fall is almost upon us, I am certainly enjoying the cooler weather after the heat wave the past couple of weeks.
This week I got to enjoy some really dark limericks, loved them all and the variety each one of you brought to the prompt.
If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 37 challenge.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Peter of Meritings for his dark humor in this limerick!
They went for a walk in the park.
It was wet, and incredibly dark.
They fell down a well,
and were found when the smell
became gas and was lit by a spark!
Congratulations, Peter – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
I loved the darkness in limerick submitted by Leara of Learawrites and Teresa of Finally a writer.
I have to mention Diane’s limerick and simple solution she offered for darkness. 😀
Although not, in a true limerick format, I also enjoyed the poem by Aimee of The Purple Garden.
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 38 Challenge.
The prompt for this week is a Photo. Look at the photo below and let your creativity and imagination run wild. Write your limerick based on the photo, use the photo in your limerick post. Don’t forget to attribute the source of the image in your posts.
I am excited about this week’s challenge and am looking forward to reading your take on this photo prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 38 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, September 23, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
The weather would not stop her track
This time, there was no going back
She was here for her passion
Ready to make a splash in
She ran up the tarmac
Thank you so much Rashmi. Not only for declaring me the winner, but also for continuing to host this challenge which so many of us enjoy. I look forward to the photo prompt. Makes me want to tie the shoe laces up properly!
Your welcome, Peter! It is thanks to participants like you who make this challenge fun!
Can’t wait for your limerick on this photo prompt…did I her shoe laces? 😀
Good choice in Peter’s limerick. And the photo offers so many possibilities…
Sri Sudha K
Congratulations to all the winners..
Thank you, Sudha. We missed you this week.
Sri Sudha K
Actually I lost the draft limerick; I thought I posted it, But din’t. Anyways, I made an early attempt this time…
Oh dear, that’s too bad. Look forward to reading your limerick for this week’s photo prompt.
Sri Sudha K
I already did and attached the link..will come back again with one more…
Oh, great photo prompt this week. Thank you Rashmi.
Congrats to last week’s winner. Good Limerick’s from you all.
Thank you, Helene. I am glad you like the photo prompt, I look forward to reading your take on it.
Thanks, Rashmi, for the mention, very sweet of you!
Nice rhyme on “passion” and “splash in”.
Thank you, Frank! 🙂
Peter’s limerick was a ripper! Loved it. And great photo prompt for the next one.
Peter is awesome with limericks! Thank you, Miriam! 🙂
These two are brilliant. It must have been tough choosing a winner.
It is always difficult choosing a winner limerick sometimes I spend hours reading and rereading them😁
I can well imagine.
Thank you,Rashmi, for this wonderful prompt. I enjoyed writing the limerick:-) Here is the link
Thank you, Jahnavi. Please remember to link it up using the InLinkz (blue froggy) button.
Done. Thank you for reminding me to add the link in inlinkz
No problems! 🙂
Lovely limerick, Rashmi! Here’s my link in case it didn’t work:
Beautifully done! I love it!