This post is almost like an extension to one of my previous posts “Those simple things in Life”. I am a believer of the fact that everyday there is something simple that we can do to make ourselves happy. The more we learn to be happy, the more happiness we spread to those around us. So for this Tuesday, I decided to share with all you lovely people the Top 10 Simple Things That Makes Me Happy!
- Smile often even at strangers – I learned that a simple smile you give a stranger can create a ripple and carry on forward! When it is as easy as that, why not do it often?
- Help someone even if it is something simple – Sometimes the little things we do can make a whole lot of difference to the person on the receiving end! Even something as small as holding the door open for the person walking in behind you!
- Spend time with family/friends – Spending time with my family is my elixir. And it is double whammy if I get to spend some time with my friends too!
- Go outside and enjoy the weather – The weather is beautiful, slightly warm with a calming breeze that carries the scent of the earth. What better way to enjoy this than to take a walk or a bike ride!
- Exercise for at least 7 minutes – Have to be honest, I hate exercising when I call it that, so I include it in my evening walk or swim. But exercise releases endorphins – the happy hormones – which is of course required for us to feel happy! 🙂
- Do something you absolutely love – well, writing is something I absolutely love to do, having this blog and the blogging community that I often interact with helps me accomplish just that!
- Plan for something that you always wanted to do but don’t do it just yet – I love traveling, planning my travel to different places from my bucket list is something I love to do. I am one of those who enjoys the planning and the journey as much as the destination. The idea of planning for a trip always gets me excited!
- Give 100% while at work – The feeling of having accomplished a goal at work on or before time is absolutely elevating.
- Grateful for yet another day in my life – We often take our life for granted which in turn makes us forget that we have a lot to be grateful for in our lives. Especially for being able to live yet another day of our lives!
- Finally, get some rest – After all, we all deserve to take a break and get some rest. I do this by unwinding with a book, listening to some music or simply day dreaming! It relaxes me enough for yet another day of challenges!
I hope you enjoyed reading about the simple things that makes me happy. I would love to know some of the things that you do, as well!