This is the last limerick challenge post for the year 2015! Can you believe that? This year will be over in less than a week’s time. Next week when I post the challenge it will be on Friday 1st of January 2016. I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone by especially the last quarter. The Limerick Challenge for week 11 was extended for a couple of days in light of Christmas and the holidays. We had some wonderful entries in spite of the fact that everyone was busy with holidays. I know you are as anxious as me to find out the winners of Week 11 challenge. So here we go…!
And the winner is…….. Fun Simplicity with this fantastic limerick! Check out her full post here!
In the garden of paradise, where trees turned to fireflies,
while raindrops freeze and crystallise,
pegasus fly free and high
in this dreamy orangey sky
only if it materialised, it will be a wonderful surprise.
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 12 Challenge.
Since the week 12 prompt is the last one for the year 2015, I am letting it be a free flowing limerick. In simple terms, you can write a limerick about anything that comes to your mind. The most creative limerick will be selected as the winning entry.
The winning limerick of Week 12 challenge will receive a gift certificate from Mind and Life Matters.
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengepost so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 12 Challenge are due in by Friday, January 1, 2016.
- Since this is the last challenge for year 2015, there is no prompt word, it is a free flowing limerick week!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
‘Tis the season of the year
With a lot of holiday cheer
Time now to write some resolutions
To help me find all the solutions
‘Coz 2016 is almost here!