A person’s feelings are the always of the purest and most glowing form at the hour of meeting and of farewell, says Jean Paul.
Farewells –they can be of so many different kinds – there are so many emotions attached to a farewell. I recently said farewell forever to something that I carried within me for years, it was a bitter sweet experience. Maybe that is something I can blog about in a different post! Anyway, that experience prompted me to consider this word as a prompt for the Weekly Limerick Poetry Challenge this week.
But before we get excited about the prompt for this week, we have something else to be excited about. That’s right! The Top 5 Limerick Superstars from Week 16!
Well without any further ado, the Week 16 Limerick Superstar is Diane of Ladies Who Lunch Reviews ……… with this brilliant limerick:
In her mind’s eye she’s young and she’s fair
Her days move along with nary a care
Nights she’s entwined with a handsome lover.
But she’s old and alone and has been forever
She sits and she cries, whose memories are in there?
Congratulations to Diane– the Limerick Superstar for this week!
Hope you all enjoy reading the limericks as much as I did! If you haven’t already done so, please make sure you read all the dreamy limericks submitted last week, they are all wonderfully written!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 17 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Farewell’. You can opt to use the word ‘farewell’ or some of its closer synonyms like Goodbye, Cheers, Bye, Ciao etc.…well, you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 17 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, April 29, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post. (This step is important).
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
He held her in his arms with a smile
He said ‘It’s goodbye only for a little while
After sailing over the Sea of Maine
At the Altar, we shall meet again”
So she continued to wait for him in her bridal veil!