Wow, what a week this has been! I have been so busy running errands and getting work done that I feel so very productive. Not on my blog though, don’t feel very productive with my writing this week. Hopefully next week will be better.
But one thing I did take time out for was to read all the wonderful limericks submitted for Week 5 prompt – ‘Pain’. I know the prompt was not easy for a limerick, I suppose that’s what made the entries all the more interesting! I loved the way each one of you used the prompt with some limericks depicting physical pain while others painted pictures of emotional pain, silent pain and even positive pain…brilliant limericks all of them!
I know you are as anxious as I am to find out who the Limerick Superstar is for Week 5, so without any further ado, here goes!
The Week 5 Limerick Superstar is……… Kat Myrman of Like Mercury Colliding.
She ran in the cold, heat and rain
everyday she would push past the pain
not to win any race
but to forget his face
moving on was her ultimate aim.
The Limerick Superstar Badge for Kat!
The second place is shared by Sri Sudha and Innervoice both used the prompt to depict pain a parent faces just before they hold their little ones! Amazing!
The third place is shared by Maria of Doodles and Scribbles for an amazing limerick about silent pain and Sandra of WhatSandraThinks with her Morrissey inspired limerick!
I am sure you have already read all the limericks submitted, if you haven’t then do check them all out! There are absolutely amazing!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 6 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Feral’. You can opt to use the word ‘Feral’ or some of its closer synonyms like Wild, Untamed, Ferocious, Fierce etc.…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 6 Challenge are due in latest by Friday, February 12, 2016.
- Donation to local charity is made in the name of the Winners who will receive the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge. They can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
An untold fierceness in her guise
With a persistent look in those eyes
Always wild and airy
She was no fairy
Unattainable, she lived in the skies!